In 2015 we celebrated the International Year of Light, which is the "messenger" of astrophysical phenomena, and it was also the 30th anniversary of the official inauguration of the Headquarters of the
The Science Communication and Culture Unit (UC3) is responsible for the outreach publications and material of the IAC. It seeks in this way to keep citizens informed of the various activities that the IAC organizes and to bring them closer to the fascinating science of Astronomy.
The IAC publishes regularly:
- Popular magazines (Paralajes,...).
- Memoria and reports.
- A Blog "Vía Láctea, S / N" and Social Networks.
- Factsheets and brochures about the facilities of the Canary Islands Observatories and scientific, technological, educational and outreach activities.
- Posters and graphic supports (displays, roll-ups, banners,...) announcing scientific meetings (congreses, winter schools,...) and other outreach events.
- Prints of astronomical images and installations.
- Astronomical calendars.
- Own production books & didactic units.
PARALAJES Lights of the UniverseDate
Annual report CCI 2015
These are exciting times at the Observatorios de Canarias, not only because of the excellent science that is being achieved and the development and incorporation of new instruments but also in the wayDate
PARALAJES Tsunami STARMUS 2014
Special supplement dedicated to the great science outreach event, the second STARMUS festival, which was celebrated in September 2014 with the collaboration of the IAC and of the Gran TelescopioDate
Ciencia GTC 2009-2014: gran ciencia para un gran telescopio
El Gran Telescopio CANARIAS (GTC), con sus 10,4 m de espejo primario segmentado, es uno de los telescopios ópticos-infrarrojos más grandes y avanzados del mundo. Inició su fase de producciónDate