The collaboration between Spain, as the hosts and operators of several telescopes, and the large body of institutions that are direct participants in the Observatorios de Canarias, as well as among
The Science Communication and Culture Unit (UC3) is responsible for the outreach publications and material of the IAC. It seeks in this way to keep citizens informed of the various activities that the IAC organizes and to bring them closer to the fascinating science of Astronomy.
The IAC publishes regularly:
- Popular magazines (Paralajes,...).
- Memoria and reports.
- A Blog "Vía Láctea, S / N" and Social Networks.
- Factsheets and brochures about the facilities of the Canary Islands Observatories and scientific, technological, educational and outreach activities.
- Posters and graphic supports (displays, roll-ups, banners,...) announcing scientific meetings (congreses, winter schools,...) and other outreach events.
- Prints of astronomical images and installations.
- Astronomical calendars.
- Own production books & didactic units.
Annual report CCI 2014Date
Annual report CCI 2013
According to the International Agreements, the mandate of the International Scientific Committee of the Canarian Observatories is to optimize the exploitation of the excellent astronomical conditionsDate
The Law that protects the sky of the Canary Islands celebrates its twenty-fifth anniversary
Despite being an almost insignificant point on the globe, La Palma can probably boast one of the best skies in the world for astronomical observation. Much of the blame for the current relevance ofDate
Caosyciencia is an initiative of the Instituto de Astrofísica de Canarias (IAC) for the dissemination of Astronomy and other related sciences. Since it was founded in 2002, it has sought to spreadDate