It is an initiative of the Instituto de Astrofísica de Canarias (IAC) via its Unit for Communication and Scientific Culture (UC3) with the collaboration of the scientific institutions of the Canary Island Observatories, among these the Gran Telescopio CANARIAS (GTC), the largest optical-infrared telescope in the world, of the Museum of Science and
Continuously, the IAC launches projects and outreach activities aimed at the educational community and / or the general public to stimulate social interest in the stars, with a gender perspective and integrating disability as much as possible. Among them:
- Courses, conferences and workshops.
- Projects with robotic telescopes.
- Coordination and design of exhibitions.
- Campaigns for monitoring and public observation of astronomical events.
- Presence in fairs and weeks of Science and Innovation.
- Special events for certain groups (mass media ...)
- Transversal projects, which combine astronomy with other disciplines and subjects.
NIÉPCEAlfredo RafaelRosenberg González
Have you ever thought about light? What's the most striking thing about it? It speed, of course...exceeded only in our imagination. Ready to meet the challenge of measuring it? In this project we aim to relate a simple astronomical observation with a universal constant, c (the speed of light), and tell you about one of the greatest contributions toAlfredo RafaelRosenberg González
The aim of this project is the development of graphical sequences for 360 degree/hemispheric FULLDOME digital projectors recorded at the Canary Islands Observatories (Roque de los Muchachos Observatory in La Palma and Teide Observatory in Tenerife). The IAC authorizes use of this material for non-commercial outreach purposes. Videos now availableMARIA CARMEN PUERTO VARELA