The aim of this project is to combine two unique datasets, the nine Planck all-sky (30-857 GHz) maps and the four QUIJOTE Northern sky (10-20 GHz) maps, to provide the best possible characterization of the physical properties of polarized emissions in the microwave domain, together with an unprecedentedly thorough description of the intensity signal. This legacy information will be essential for future sub-orbital or satellite experiments.
In particular, the combination of Planck and QUIJOTE will allow us to achieve the following objetives:
- to provide state-of-the-art legacy maps of the synchrotron and AME emissions in the Northern sky;
- to characterize the synchrotron spectral index with high accuracy, fitting for the curvature of the synchrotron spectrum to constrain cosmic-rays electron physics;
- to study the large-scale properties of the Galactic magnetic field using the radio information;
- to model and characterize the level of a possible contribution of polarized anomalous microwave emission (AME);
- to characterize the population of radio sources measured by Planck by adding unique information in the frequency domain of 10-20GHz;
- to provide “added-value” data products for the scientific community;
- to provide specific (open source) software tools for data processing, data visualization and public information.
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme (COMPET-05-2015) under grant agreement number 687312.
Related publicationsNo related publications were found.
Related talksNo related talks were found.
XXXIII Canary Islands Winter School of Astrophysics: Astroparticle Physics and Cosmology
The XXXIII Canary Islands Winter School of Astrophysics, organized by the Instituto de Astrofísica de Canarias (IAC), focuses onAstroparticle Physics and Cosmology. The school, to be held in San"Salón de actos" at the Museo de la Ciencia y el Cosmos (MCC) Avda. Los Menceyes 70 38205 San Cristóbal de La LagunaSpainDate-Past
Matter that shows when numbers do not work out and other unknownsAdvertised on