Economic information


As established in article 21 of the IAC Statutes (BOE December 21, 2018), the General Administration of the State and the Administration of the Autonomous Community of the Canary Islands provide funding with a stable nature to IAC, and from its regular budgets,

The General Administration of the State finances on average 70% of IAC budget, and the Administration of the Autonomous Community of the Canary Islands the remaining 30%, on average.

Funding received from the State is  incorporated into the Annual General Budgets of the State Administration and its results are added to the State General Accounts.

Yearly accounts
Annual accounts

Article 28 of the Statutes of the IAC (BOE of December 21, 2018) establishes the regime of control and annual accounts of this center.

The IAC is subject to an effectiveness control that is exercised through the Inspection of Services of the Ministry of adscription, whose purpose is to evaluate the level of effectiveness with respect to the own objectives and the efficiency in the utilization of resources, without prejudice to the competences that in this respect Law 47/2003 grants to the General Intervention Board of the State Administration (IGAE).


IAC awards each year several grants to master students through its programme of summer grants.

It also receives grants and subsidies from different sources to carry on its research and technological projects.



The Instituto de Astrofísica de Canarias has 2 locations on the island of Tenerife: the headquarters located in La Laguna and the Observatorio del Teide in Izaña;

and 2 other locations on the island of La Palma: the Centro de Astrofísica de La Palma (CALP), in Breña Alta and the Observatorio del Roque de los Muchachos in Garafía.

Electronic signature policy
Electronic signature policy

After examining the policy of electronic signature and certificates of the AGE, it is considered that it is consistent with the IAC regulations and acceptable in its technical aspects, so it has been decided to adhere to it.